Fine Wine Course – London, Winter 2020. Evening 6 Red Burgundy
4 March @ 6:45 pm - 8:45 pm
THESE WERE THE WINES FOR THE 2019 COURSE.
Those for 2020 will be of a similar range and quality, and will be fully detailed shortly.
In addition to the ‘Aspects of Tasting’ (see below) the wines are chosen to illustrate the regions’ key differences of style and quality.
- 2014 Fleurie La Madone (Aviron)
- 2012 Mercurey Clos des Montaigu (Patrick Guillot)
- 2002 Volnay 1er Cru Clos des Chênes (Lafarge)
- 2012 Gevrey-Chambertin Vieilles Vignes (Fourrier)
- 2002 Chambolle-Musigny 1er Cru Combe d’Orveaux (Clavelier)
- 2000 Bonnes-Mares Grand Cru (Drouhin Laroze)
8 Wines, ranging in price from around £25 – £200+ retail, with a selection of canapes.
The wines will illustrate the following aspects of tasting:
Tasting: Blind tasting; description versus assessment.
- Tasting Technique – a summary
- Pinot Noir
- Red Burgundy
- Blind Tasting – description / quality assessment / preference
- Burgundy classification: precision …. and incoherence
- Burgundy across the ages