Fine Wine Course – London, Winter 2020. Evening 5 White Burgundy
26 February @ 6:45 pm - 8:45 pm
THESE WERE THE WINES FOR THE 2019 COURSE.
Those for 2020 will be of a similar range and quality, and will be fully detailed shortly.
In addition to the ‘Aspects of Tasting’ (see below) the wines are chosen to illustrate the regions’ key differences of style and quality.
- 2016 Chablis Les Grand Terroirs (Dom. Samuel Billaud)
- 2008 Chablis 1er Cru Vaulorent (Dom.W.Fèvre)
- 2008 Chablis Grand Cru Vaudésir (Dom. W.Fèvre)
- 2016 Bourgogne Les Sétilles (Olivier Leflaive)
- 2016 Chassagne-Montrachet (Fontaine Gagnard)
- 2014 Chass-Montrachet 1er Cru Chenevottes (Philppe Colin)
- 2012 Meursault 1er Cru Porusot (Guy Roulot)
- 2011 Chevalier-Montr. Grand Cru La Cabotte (Bouchard Père & Fils)
8 Wines, ranging in price from around £25 – £250+ retail, with a selection of canapes.
The wines will illustrate the following aspects of tasting:
Tasting: Style versus quality.
- Tasting Technique – Style versus Quality versus Age
- White Burgundy: Chablis, Mâconnais, Côte de Beaune
- Burgundy calibration: Village, 1er Cru, Grand Cru
- Oak impressions
- Terroir as quality and style
- Youth versus age