- This event has passed.
Fine Wine Course – London, Winter 2020. Evening 4 Rhone North & South
19th February 2020 @ 6:45 pm - 8:45 pm
THESE WERE THE WINES FOR THE 2019 COURSE.
Those for 2020 will be of a similar range and quality, and will be fully detailed shortly.
In addition to the ‘Aspects of Tasting’ (see below) the wines are chosen to illustrate the regions’ key differences of style and quality.
RHÔNE, NORTH & SOUTH
- 2009 Ch.Neuf du Pape Blanc (Beaucastel)
- 2004 Ch. Grillet
- 2012 Coudoulet de Beaucastel (Côtes du Rhône)
- 1998 Père Usseglio Cuvée de Mon Aieul (Ch.Neuf du Pape)
- 2001 Dom. du Pegau Cuvée Reservée (Ch.Neuf du Pape)
- 2014 Crozes-Hermitage Les Meysonniers (Chapoutier)
- 2010 Crozes-Hermitage (Alain Graillot)
- 2010 Cornas Les Ruchets (Jean-Luc Colombo)
- 2006 Côte Rôtie Rose-Pourpre (Pierre Gaillard)
- 1997 Hermitage (Chave)
8 Wines, ranging in price from around £20 – £250 retail, with a selection of canapes.
The wines will illustrate the following aspects of tasting:
Tasting: ‘aroma’ versus ‘bouquet’, notions of ‘maturity’ & ‘readiness’
- Tasting Techique – aroma versus bouquet, tannin and texture
- [Marsanne / Roussanne] Muscat; Grenache, Syrah
- Southern Rhône, Northern Rhône
- Alcohol levels
- New oak ….. or not
- Notions of ‘maturity’, and ‘readiness to drink’