- This event has passed.
Fine Wine Course – London, Winter 2020. Evening 2 Loire & White Bordeaux
5th February 2020 @ 6:45 pm - 8:45 pm
THESE WERE THE WINES FOR THE 2019 COURSE.
Those for 2020 will be of a similar range and quality, and will be fully detailed shortly.
In addition to the ‘Aspects of Tasting’ (see below) the wines are chosen to illustrate the regions’ key differences of style and quality.
LOIRE & BORDEAUX – WHITE
- 2014 Pouilly Fumé (Ch. de Tracy)
- 2004 Sancerre Les Monts Damnées (Cotat)
- 2017 Dourthe La Grand Cuvée Sauvignon
- 2008 Domaine de Chevalier; Pessac-Léognan
- 2014 Savennières Les Genêts (Damien Laureau)
- 1991 Savennières Coulée de Serrant (Joly)
- 1990 Vouvray Coulée d’Or Grains Nobles (Bourillon d’Orléans)
- 1989 Ch. Coutet; Barsac
8 Wines, ranging in price from around £20 – £120 retail, with a selection of canapes.
The wines will illustrate the following aspects of tasting:
Tasting: Note-taking, general principles; acidity.
- Tasting Technique – an orderly pattern of observation.
- Sauvignon Blanc, Semillon, Chenin Blanc.
- Loire and white Bordeaux
- Vocabulary of acidity and alcohol.
- Different balances of white wine: bone dry to intensely sweet.
- The role of acidity in these different styles, grapes, origins.