Fine Wine Course – London, Winter 2020. Evening 1 Champagne & Alsace
29th January 2020 @ 6:45 pm - 8:45 pm
THESE WERE THE WINES FOR THE 2019 COURSE.
Those for 2020 will be of a similar range and quality, and will be fully detailed shortly.
In addition to the ‘Aspects of Tasting’ (see below) the wines are chosen to illustrate the regions’ key differences of style and quality.
- NV The Society’s Brut Alfred Gratien (2012 Base)
- NV Charles Heidsieck Brut Res. (2008 Base)
- 2008 Delamotte Blanc de Blancs
- 2002 Bollinger Grande Année (Disgorged Feb 2011)
- 2002 Bollinger RD (Disgorged June 2016)
- 2010 Riesling Reserve (Trimbach)
- 2010 Riesling Jubilee (Hugel)
- 2005 Riesling Frédéric Emile (Trimbach)
- 2008 Gewurz. Seign. de Ribeaupierre (Trimbach)
- 2001 Gewurz. Furstentum Vendanges Tardives (Weinbach)
10 Wines, ranging in price from around £15 – £150 retail, with a selection of canapés.
The wines will illustrate the following aspects of tasting:
Tasting: Revision of Tasting Technique
- Champagne & Tasting Sparkling Wines
- Influence of black versus white grapes
- Blanc de Blancs / Pure Chardonnay
- Non-vintage versus vintage wines
- Vintage versus ‘Luxury’ cuvées
- Alsace & White wine tasting reminders
- Riesling & Gewurztraminer
- Dry, off-dry, sweet wines