AS A GUIDE, THESE WERE THE WINES FOR THE 2017 COURSE, the specific, very similar, line up of wines for 2018 will be posted shortly:
In addition to the ‘Aspects of Tasting’ (see below) the wines are chosen to illustrate the regions’ key differences of style and quality.
RHÔNE, NORTH & SOUTH
- 2009 Ch.Neuf du Pape Blanc (Beaucastel)
- 2015 Muscat de Beaumes de Venise (Bernadins)
- 2012 Coudoulet de Beaucastel (C. du Rhône)
- 2001 Clos des Papes (Ch-neuf-du-Pape)
- 2014 Crozes-Hermitage (Chapoutier)
- 2010 Cornas Les Ruchets (Jean-Luc Colombo)
- 2006 Côte Rôtie Rose-Pourpre (P.Gaillard)
- 1998 Hermitage (Chave)
8 Wines, ranging in price from around £25 – £200+ retail, with a selection of canapes.
The wines will illustrate the following aspects of tasting:
Tasting: ‘aroma’ versus ‘bouquet’, notions of ‘maturity’ & ‘readiness’
- Tasting Techique – aroma versus bouquet, tannin and texture
- [Marsanne / Roussanne] Muscat; Grenache, Syrah
- Southern Rhône, Northern Rhône
- Alcohol levels
- New oak ….. or not
- Notions of ‘maturity’, and ‘readiness to drink’
There are no reviews yet.