AS A GUIDE, THESE WERE THE WINES FOR THE 2017 COURSE, the specific, very similar, line up of wines for 2018 will be posted shortly:
In addition to the ‘Aspects of Tasting’ (see below) the wines are chosen to illustrate the regions’ key differences of style and quality.
RED BORDEAUX – CLARET
- 2004 Roc de Cambes; Côtes de Bourg
- 2004 Ch. Canon La Gaffelière; St Emilion
- 2000 Ch. Latour à Pomerol; Pomerol
- 2006 Ch. d’Issan; Margaux
- 2001 Pontet-Canet; Pauillac
- 1989 Pape-Clément; Cru Classé Graves
8 Wines, ranging in price from around £20 – £150 retail, with a selection of canapes.
The wines will illustrate the following aspects of tasting:
Tasting: Detailed anatomy of notemaking; tannin and texture.
- Tasting Techinique – Anatomy of notemaking
- Cabernet Suvignon, Cabernet Franc, Merlot
- Bordeaux: Right Bank (Merlot +) v Left Bank (Cabernet +)
- The vocabulary of tannin, and texture
- Blind Tasting: comparing Style and Quality
- ‘extreme’ winemaking, winemaker as ‘interpreter’
- Bordeaux across the ages
There are no reviews yet.