Fine Wine Course – London, Winter 2019. Evening 6 Red Burgundy
7th March 2019 @ 6:45 pm - 8:45 pm
AS A GUIDE, THESE WERE THE WINES FOR THE 2018 COURSE, the line up of wines for 2019 will be of a similar range and quality.
In addition to the ‘Aspects of Tasting’ (see below) the wines are chosen to illustrate the regions’ key differences of style and quality.
- 2014 Fleurie La Madone (Aviron)
- 2015 Santenay Les Charmes (Antoine Olivier)
- 2002 Volnay 1er Cru 60 Ouvrées (Pousse d’Or)
- BLIND (Last year: 2012 Bourgogne Rouge – Coche Dury)
- BLIND (Last year: 2004 Vosne-Romanée Aux Réas – A.F.Gros)
- 2014 Nuits Villages Les Retraits (Galevraud)
- 1999 Gev.Chambertin 1er Cru Fontenys (Jos.Roty)
- 2000 Bonnes-Mares Grand Cru (Drouhin Laroze)
8 Wines, ranging in price from around £25 – £200+ retail, with a selection of canapes.
The wines will illustrate the following aspects of tasting:
Tasting: Blind tasting; description versus assessment.
- Tasting Technique – a summary
- Pinot Noir
- Red Burgundy
- Blind Tasting – description / quality assessment / preference
- Burgundy classification: precision …. and incoherence
- Burgundy across the ages