Fine Wine Course – London, Winter 2019. Evening 6 Red Burgundy
7 March @ 6:45 pm - 8:45 pm
THE WINES FOR THE 2019 COURSE:
(subject to change, if originals faulty)
In addition to the ‘Aspects of Tasting’ (see below) the wines are chosen to illustrate the regions’ key differences of style and quality.
- 2014 Fleurie La Madone (Aviron)
- 2012 Mercurey Clos des Montaigu (Patrick Guillot)
- 2002 Volnay 1er Cru Clos des Chênes (Lafarge)
- 2012 Gevrey-Chambertin Vieilles Vignes (Fourrier)
- 2002 Chambolle-Musigny 1er Cru Combe d’Orveaux (Clavelier)
- 2000 Bonnes-Mares Grand Cru (Drouhin Laroze)
8 Wines, ranging in price from around £25 – £200+ retail, with a selection of canapes.
The wines will illustrate the following aspects of tasting:
Tasting: Blind tasting; description versus assessment.
- Tasting Technique – a summary
- Pinot Noir
- Red Burgundy
- Blind Tasting – description / quality assessment / preference
- Burgundy classification: precision …. and incoherence
- Burgundy across the ages