- This event has passed.
Fine Wine Course – London, Winter 2019. Evening 5 White Burgundy
27 February @ 6:45 pm - 8:45 pm
THE WINES FOR THE 2019 COURSE:
(subject to change, if originals faulty)
In addition to the ‘Aspects of Tasting’ (see below) the wines are chosen to illustrate the regions’ key differences of style and quality.
- 2016 Chablis Les Grand Terroirs (Dom. Samuel Billaud)
- 2008 Chablis 1er Cru Vaulorent (Dom.W.Fèvre)
- 2008 Chablis Grand Cru Vaudésir (Dom. W.Fèvre)
- 2016 Bourgogne Les Sétilles (Olivier Leflaive)
- 2016 Chassagne-Montrachet (Fontaine Gagnard)
- 2014 Chass-Montrachet 1er Cru Chenevottes (Philppe Colin)
- 2012 Meursault 1er Cru Porusot (Guy Roulot)
- 2011 Chevalier-Montr. Grand Cru La Cabotte (Bouchard Père & Fils)
8 Wines, ranging in price from around £25 – £250+ retail, with a selection of canapes.
The wines will illustrate the following aspects of tasting:
Tasting: Style versus quality.
- Tasting Technique – Style versus Quality versus Age
- White Burgundy: Chablis, Mâconnais, Côte de Beaune
- Burgundy calibration: Village, 1er Cru, Grand Cru
- Oak impressions
- Terroir as quality and style
- Youth versus age