Fine Wine Course – London, Winter 2019. Evening 5 White Burgundy
27th February 2019 @ 6:45 pm - 8:45 pm
AS A GUIDE, THESE WERE THE WINES FOR THE 2018 COURSE, the line up of wines for 2019 will be of a similar range and quality:
In addition to the ‘Aspects of Tasting’ (see below) the wines are chosen to illustrate the regions’ key differences of style and quality.
- 2014 Chablis (Dom. William Fèvre)
- 2012 Chablis 1er Cru Mtée de Tonnerre (Dom.W.Fèvre)
- 2008 Chablis Grand Cru Les Preuses (Dom. W.Fèvre)
- 2015 Rully en bas de Vauvry(J.B.Ponsot)
- 2014 St Aubin 1er Cru Chatenière (Olivier Leflaive)
- 2008 Meursault (Franck Grux)
- 2008 Chass-Montr. 1er Cru Caillerets (JN Gagnard)
- 2012 Cort. Charlemagne, Grd Cru (Genot Boulanger)
8 Wines, ranging in price from around £25 – £250+ retail, with a selection of canapes.
The wines will illustrate the following aspects of tasting:
Tasting: Style versus quality.
- Tasting Technique – Style versus Quality versus Age
- White Burgundy: Chablis, Mâconnais, Côte de Beaune
- Burgundy calibration: Village, 1er Cru, Grand Cru
- Oak impressions
- Terroir as quality and style
- Youth versus age