Fine Wine Course – London, Winter 2019. Evening 3 Claret – Red Bordeaux
13th February 2019 @ 6:45 pm - 8:45 pm
AS A GUIDE, THESE WERE THE WINES FOR THE 2018 COURSE, the line up of wines for 2019 will be of a similar range and quality:
In addition to the ‘Aspects of Tasting’ (see below) the wines are chosen to illustrate the regions’ key differences of style and quality.
RED BORDEAUX – CLARET
- 2012 La Tour Figeac; St Emilion
- 2004 Ch. Canon La Gaffelière; St Emilion
- 2000 Ch. l’Evangile; Pomerol
- BLIND (Last year: 2008 Pauillac – from a First Growth)
- BLIND (Last Year: 2008 Cos d’Estournel, St Estèphe)
- 1996 Langoa-Barton;3rd Growth, St Julien
- 2005 Brane-Cantenac; 2nd Growth, Margaux
- 2001 Pape-Clément; Cru Classé Graves
8 Wines, ranging in price from around £20 – £150 retail, with a selection of canapes.
The wines will illustrate the following aspects of tasting:
Tasting: Detailed anatomy of notemaking; tannin and texture.
- Tasting Techinique – Anatomy of notemaking
- Cabernet Suvignon, Cabernet Franc, Merlot
- Bordeaux: Right Bank (Merlot +) v Left Bank (Cabernet +)
- The vocabulary of tannin, and texture
- Blind Tasting: comparing Style and Quality
- ‘extreme’ winemaking, winemaker as ‘interpreter’
- Bordeaux across the ages