Fine Wine Course – London, Winter 2019. Evening 1 Champagne & Alsace
30th January 2019 @ 6:45 pm - 8:45 pm
AS A GUIDE, THESE WERE THE WINES FOR THE 2018 COURSE. The line up of wines for 2019 will be of a very similar range and quality.
In addition to the ‘Aspects of Tasting’ (see below) the wines are chosen to illustrate the regions’ key differences of style and quality.
- NV Ayala Brut
- NV Charles Heidsieck Brut Res.
- 2007 Delamotte Blanc de Blancs
- 2006 Deutz Cuvée Willian
- 1996 Pol Roger Blanc de Blancs
- 2010 Riesling Reserve (Trimbach)
- 2005 Riesling Jubilee (Hugel)
- 2015 Pinot Gris (A.Boxler)
- 2008 Gewurz. Seign. de Ribeauville (Trimbach)
- 2005 Gewurz. Furstentum V.T. (Weinbach)
10 Wines, ranging in price from around £15 – £120 retail, with a selection of canapés.
The wines will illustrate the following aspects of tasting:
Tasting: Revision of Tasting Technique
- Champagne & Tasting Sparkling Wines
- Influence of black versus white grapes
- Blanc de Blancs / Pure Chardonnay
- Non-vintage versus vintage wines
- Vintage versus ‘Luxury’ cuvées
- Alsace & White wine tasting reminders
- Riesling & Gewurztraminer
- Dry, off-dry, sweet wines